Commentary on current events, politics, government, and popular culture from John Sheirer, author of the book, Make Common Sense Common Again.

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

If you're honestly "pro-life," then you should support Obamacare.


Many Republican men I know object to the Affordable Care Act requirement that health insurance policies cover pregnancy and prenatal care.

"I can't get pregnant," these men say. "Why should I have to pay for a woman's pregnancy?"

Amazingly, many of these men claim to be "pro-life." They don't understand that the ACA requirement is a true "pro-life" public health policy. Being pro-life means supporting mothers-to-be by actually fostering the health of pregnant women and unborn children through our health insurance system.

I can't get pregnant, but I'm happy to support women who choose to be pregnant through my own insurance premiums because I want pregnant women to be healthy and have healthy children. That's honestly being pro-life.


------------------------------------------------------ 

Please visit our Facebook page

###

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. No anonymous comments, swearing, bullying, or other types of ignorance please. (This isn't FoxNation.com, after all.)